Wednesday, February 27, 2008

BM Dress Wraps and Color Update

So, I was thinking of having the bridal party wear this dress with a sash.


MK tried the dress on for me. The dress came to just below her knees. I'd like the dresses to hit just above or at the center of the knee.

When we were at David's, the consultant suggested adding a wrap to one of the dresses I tried. While I didn't want the wrap, I think it'd actually look really nice with the bridesmaid dresses. Also, it'd give the girls a little bit of coverage for their arms.
Since I've finally settled on Brown, Gold and Orange, I think the gold on the sash will be a nice touch.
Speaking of colors, I think most of the decor will be orange and gold. The orange will just come in small splashes here and there - boutonnieres, the boquets (I'm thinking mums, might try to make 'em myself), mesh bags for the candy, some of the gourds/pumpkins in the centerpieces, ribbons on the centerpieces, some of the detail on the cake, some of the leaf placecards. I think that will still be enough orange to add color to the event without overwhelming everyone with such a strong color.

No comments: