Thursday, February 14, 2008

Cakes

So I find that I'm not very interested in the wedding cake...or food for that matter. Food has really always been J's thing. He asked for free reign over the menu and I said ok!

However, I would like a cake that kind of matches our theme/colors.



I saw a few cakes with chocolate icing (it may have been brown fondant...) that were kind of nice, but I'm not loving anything. I also don't really like cake toppers at all! I find most of them tacky or too froofy. I've decided that there will be no cake topper...it'll be flowers instead.

I'd really love to use foliage as cake decor, but uhh, I don't see anyone wanting to eat a cake that had dead leaves picked from the ground all over it. LOL. Maybe I could buy some fake foliage to use.

I did really like this idea when I was browsing...

I think I'd prefer a chocolate color with an orange ribbon of icing. I'm not sure what those flowers are, but I do kind of like the colors. What really makes it for me are the branches. Regardless of what kind of cake we do, I now know that it must have branches!

No comments: