Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Yes, Another Engagement Post

...but this one isn't as whiney as some of the others.

I have an extremely close relationship with my Aunt. I have turned to her during many hard times. I love the relationship we've developed and the conversations we can have now that I'm "all growed up." Hehehe. She has been a positive guiding force in my life for a long time now. I am soooooo grateful for her. I honestly don't know if she is aware how important she is to me. I try to tell her, but I stumble over words when they're the "mushy" kind.

I will talk to her about almost anything. One thing I have not spoken to her about is my non-engagement. (I don't know what else to call it anymore) The subject is a difficult one for me and I tend to dance around it a lot, unless I'm blogging or freaking out to J.

We talked about it today, and she, as always, really helped me see things from a different perspective. It doesn't change the way I feel about the situation, but the understanding I've gained is helping me cope with it better. I think I have a clearer sense of where J is coming from, even if I don't like it.

I'm just so blessed to have her.

No comments: