Monday, March 17, 2008

Favor, Drink, and Dessert Ideas

I had surgery this morning and should be sleeping, but I don't feel like it. I'll lie down in a bit.

In the meantime, I wanted to post about possible wedding favors.

Originally, I was going to purchase gold organza drawstring bags and fill them with pumpkin shaped candy corn. Then, I remembered one of my favorite treats (that I almost never have)...maple candy!

Now, I'm thinking that I could fill these gorgeous bags...


With these yummy treats that look as good as they taste!
Assuming we stay within the 100 guest limit (even 120, allowing for more, but expecting around 75), we could get the candies for between $60 and $100, depending on the size of the candies and the shipping costs. That's not bad! Sure, it's a little more than the pumpkin candy corn, but I think it'll be worth it. They fit so perfectly with our theme.
Oh, I've also decided that I want apple cider from our favorite cider mill at the reception. J and I will have to purchase it, but I have a feeling our venue will be fine with that. I was thinking we could serve warm apple cider with a cinnamon stick and mulled wine during the cocktail hour!
I was also thinking that instead of a wedding cake, we might have pie. J didn't seem thrilled about the idea, but he didn't say no, either. I think we'll have to talk about it. I was thinking we could do apple and pumpkin pies (as they both remind me of autumn). We could set the different pies on our cake table on different levels, and surround them with foliage (probably silk).
Is anyone else doing a non-traditional dessert?

No comments: